Chiang Rai – Recipe Of The Month
Our delicious Recipe Of The Month is Spicy Egg Noodles with Prawns. Serves 4 people.
450g egg noodles
20 medium prawns, fresh or frozen
3dsp sunflower oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed, chopped
5 bird’s eye chillies, crushed, chopped
6 cherry tomatoes
80g string beans cut 4cm
100g mixed peppers, sliced
80g onion, sliced
2 red chillies, sliced
3dsp fish sauce
2dsp oyster sauce
1dsp black soy sauce
30ml chicken stock or water
10g holy basil
- Soak the egg noodles in cold water for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Drain and keep to one side. Prepare the prawns, but leave the tails on.
- Bring a wok to a medium heat, add the oil, garlic and bird’s eye chillies and stir until you get the aroma of the garlic.
- Add the prawns, stir for 30 seconds, add the egg noodles, stir again, then add the vegetables and chillies and cook for a minute.
- Season with the fish sauce, oyster sauce, black soy sauce and sugar.
- Add some stock or water using a ladle to pour it in around the edge so as not to cool the wok.
To serve: Add the holy basil and serve.
Want to check out our previous Recipe Of The Month posts? They’re all available on our blog. We have cocktail, brunch and every other Thai recipe you can think of! We add a new recipe to our blog and newsletter each month.