Minced Pork & Prawns Congee
Serves 2 people
150g minced pork
80g minced tiger prawns
1 dsp seasoning sauce
1 dsp light soy sauce
1 dsp oyster sauce
1 ½ cups of chicken stock for pork and prawn balls
¼ tsp ground white pepper
2 cups of cooked jasmine rice
2 ½ cups of chicken stock or water to cook the rice
½ tsp sea salt
2 soft boiled eggs
20g ginger, fine julienne
20g mixed coriander & spring onion, finely sliced
1dsp crispy garlic in oil
50g crispy vermicelli noodles
2 sticks of patongo
- Marinate the minced pork and prawns with seasoning sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce and ground white pepper. Mix well and keep in the fridge at least 2 hours.
- Bring the saucepan to a medium to high heat and add the chicken stock until hot but not to the boil.
- Make balls out of the marinated pork and prawns and place them into the stock and cook for 5 minutes then leave to one side.
- Bring the saucepan to a high heat and add chicken stock then the cooked jasmine rice. Bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat to simmer.
- Use a whisk to beat the rice until you get a porridge consistency and add salt.
- Add the Pork and Prawn balls to the congee, if the rice is too thick you can add stock from the cooked pork and prawn balls.
- Serve in a bowl and add 1 soft boiled egg.
- Garnish the dish with julienne ginger, coriander & spring onion, garlic in oil, crispy vermicelli noodles, and patongo.
Want to check out any of our previous Recipe Of The Month blogs? You can find them all here.